Le Mas Caraibes
Terres Basses, St.Martin - 3 bedroom villa
The elegant French Moroccan arched entrance of this stylish mountainside home sets the stage for your first glimpse of the view. Like stepping into Oz, the brilliant blue lagoon and sapphire sea spread before you like a master painting. It is breathtaking, drawing you right to the edge. You see the beginning of Marigot, the lush green mountains, the gorgeous lagoon filled with marinas and mega yachts, Maho and Simpson Bay. You see the cruise ships and airplanes quietly arrive and depart. On a clear day you see the neighboring islands in the distance. It’s a magical ever changing picture.
Previously featured in Coastal Living Magazine, Mas Caraibes is stylishly exotic, yet comfortable. Moorish arches provide a unique architectural element while Singapore fans and mosque lamps decorate the ceilings. The interior is custom painted in decorative finishes and colors reminiscent of Moroccan and Indonesian homes. The décor is a mix of eclectic furniture, fabrics, carpets and art gathered during the owners’ global travels. Colorful Caribbean gardens surround the house and pool.
The villa flows seamlessly. The entire indoor living and dining areas completely open to the covered outdoor gallery through disappearing sliding glass doors. A covered verandah with mosque lamps and exotic furnishings runs the length of the villa providing ample places to dine or lounge. The tropical wood deck wraps around the stunning 20’ x 40’ pool constructed from natural Indonesian river pebbles; it’s like swimming in a tropical stream. The French style kitchen is well equipped for the most adventurous gourmet and for entertaining.
All three bedrooms are off the main living area making it a perfect house for guests with children. Every bedroom has views of the Caribbean and private outdoor seating. Two face the lagoon; one faces the sunset side of the Caribbean. The décor is exotic yet serene. The bathrooms are iconic Terres Basses style featuring handmade tiles from Provence, each room a different color theme.
Although secluded, you are close to amenities and shopping. It’s a short drive to Baie Rouge Beach and a few minutes to Baie Nettle’s new culinary stars; Le Sand, Dreams and Mezza Luna. In 10 minute you reach the charming French capital of Marigot with restaurants, shops and galleries, historic buildings and the Creole Market. Drive 25 minutes to Grand Case and Philipsburg’s shopping haven. No more than 10 minutes to the international airport.
- Pool: Large 20' x 40' pool constructed from Indonesian river pebbles and edged in stainless steel to reflect the sun and water.
- All three bedrooms are very equal in size, each with their own private bathrooms with showers. All are air-conditioned. Two bedrooms open to the pool deck and the third has a private balcony. Two bedrooms are furnished with king size beds while the third has two twin beds that can be made into a king. All are elegantly decorated with beautiful fabrics, fine linens, comfortable bedding and colorful details. Can be rented as a 1,2 or 3 bedroom villa.
- Equipment includes : Stove, Oven, Microwave, Refrigerator, Freezer, Ice Machine, Blender, Dishwasher, Toaster, Coffee Maker, and B.B.Q.
- Living Room:
- Mix of Exotic Furniture,TV, DVD, VCR, Stereo Tape/CD & Ceiling Fan.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms, Bar-B-Q Gaz, CD player, Ceiling fans, Connected Bedrooms, DVD player, Electric Gate, Fridge, Hair Dryer, Internet Access, Microwave, Safe, Satellite TV, Stereo, Stove, TV, Voltage 110/220, Washer / Dryer
- To Marigot: 4 miles
- To Nearest Grocery Store: 5 min. drive
- To Beach: 2 min. drive
- See also map below
Weekly rates (excl. 10% government tax): 1 bedr. 2 bedr. 3 bedr. April 15 - December 14: $ 2,500 $ 2,900 $ 3,300 December 15 - April 14: $ 4,000 $ 4,500 $ 5,000 Christmas/New Year's: $ 9,000 $ 9,000 $ 9,000 Stay 7 night minimum & receive a 15% discount ! Valid for travel through December 15, 2017 Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion ! Not available over Thanksgiving week and on reservations already booked.
Since I have seen almost all villas, I can also give you some other recommendations if needed.
View on GoBeach Terres Basses Villa Map as green number 32
View in Google Earth: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]
View in Google Maps: [this villa only] -or- [all villas]